Ingredients: (serves 2-3 people)
- 2 – 3 pheasant breasts (cubed)
- 1/2 medium white onion (diced)
- 8 oz mushrooms (small bin, sliced)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup pheasant stock (or chicken stock)
- 1/2 lb egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- Begin heating water to boil the egg noodles.
- Brown the cubed pheasant in a pan with a small amount of butter. Season to taste.
- Once the pheasant is thoroughly browned remove and set aside. Use pheasant stock to deglaze the pan.
- Reduce to medium heat and place sliced mushrooms, onion, and garlic into the pan to cook.
- Once the pot of water boils add 1/2 lb egg noodles and return to boil until al dente.
- Once the vegetables reach desired doneness add 1/2 cup heavy cream, tarragon, basil, parsley to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- Thoroughly drain egg noodles and add to pan until satisfied with the mixture of noodles to vegetables and pheasant.
- Add 1/2 cup sour cream and mix thoroughly until well blended.
Leave a Reply