What you need:
- 1 pheasant; breasts are easiest, but a whole bird would work too if you want to deal with the bones.
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite orange marmalade
- 2 oranges (4 tablespoons of juice and zest)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons teryaki sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced (more to taste)
Place pheasant in a gallon freezer bag along with buttermilk ensuring pheasant pieces are covered. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Place butter, marmalade, vanilla, teryaki, garlic into sauce pan. Zest the one of the oranges and squeeze 4 tablespoons or orange juice into pan as well. Cook until simmered and flavors combine.
Remove the pheasant from the fridge and milk. Pat dry with paper towels. Place the pheasant in a non-stick cooking vessel and cover liberally with orange sauce. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Baste liberally.